You can never train enough! But you need to have FUN while studying, training, and playing hockey!
As a young hockey prospect, you need to put long hours in training. You need a hockey development program that offers a combination of “fun, educational, and training activities” in order to become a “well-rounded-mature-athlete”. A hockey development program for a youth hockey player may include these specific activities:
- Hockey Clinics (½ -1 day)
- Hockey Camp! (Intensive 3-4 days minimum)
- Playing for Spring Elite Hockey Teams
- Participating in top high school tournaments
- Others (Personal physical training, mental/psychological development clinics, etc.)
The diagram below helps you to understand what are the key activities that could take place in a training program to improve your skills and hockey personality: